Please complete the following application for consideration to serve with one of the 2018-2019 Lipscomb Engineering mission teams. Contact Stephen Dodson at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Team Member Covenant
Any mission trip requires a large amount of effort from every group member both in preparation and during the trip. With the complexity of the projects done on Lipscomb's engineering mission trips this is especially the case. In addition to agreeing to the behavioral guidelines listed in the Lipscomb Student Handbook, a member of an engineering mission team agrees to the following:
Complete team building, training, trip preparation, and engineering design work.
- Each member will try their best to attend every team meeting. If a situation arises that a member cannot attend a meeting he/she will let the team leader know in advance if at all possible of their absence.
- Each member will take an active role in the pre-trip design and preparation process that is appropriate to his/her education level.
- Each member will do their part and reach their fundraising goal for the trip. If near the trip date the target goal is not met, group members may be asked to make up any difference themselves...especially if they did not follow the prescribed fundraising method outlined by the group leader.
Be a guest and a servant in a manner worthy of the Lord while serving him on this trip.
- Live wisely among those who are not Christians, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and effective so that you will have the right answer for everyone. (Col. 4:5-6, NLT)
- Each member will work actively and without complaining during the mission trip itself. One of the biggest witnesses we have on the trip is our working relationship with the local people on the project. You may not speak the same language, but your actions will speak for you.
- Refrain from any behavior that may compromise your witness.
If a team member fails to follow the covenant prior to the mission trip, upon the discretion of the team leader and the Director of Lipscomb Engineering Missions, he or she may be asked to leave the team and be expected to pay for any non-refundable expenses that have been incurred. If a serious infraction occurs while on the trip, at the team leader's discretion, the member will be asked to return home early and pay any resulting additional costs.