Steps to Apply
Applicants to the Exercise And Nutrition Science graduate program must complete the following:
- Admissions Requirements - Each applicant should evaluate to make sure they meet the Admissions Requirements.
- Application Form - Each applicant must complete an application form.
- Application Fee - Each application should be accompanied by a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Standardized exam score - Each applicant must submit their scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). For more information on the GRE, visit http://www.ets.org/gre. A minimum combined score in the 50th percentile or above is required. Students who have already earned a master’s level degree may apply to the program without submitting a standardized test score.
- References - Three letters or reference are required as follows:
- One from a college or university administrator or professor
- One from a professional supervisor or employer
- One from a personal reference
- Official Transcript(s) - Each applicant must submit an official transcript, showing degree conferral when appropriate, from all schools attended. A cumulative GPA of 2.75 is required.
- Health Form - Each applicant must submit a completed health form signed by a healthcare provider. (To print a copy of the health form, click here.
- FERPA - The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act affords students certain rights of access to educational records; even if you are independent of your parents, you must submit this form prior to enrollment.
- Résumé - A résumé detailing the applicant’s work and academic experience is required.
- TOEFL - The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for international students. (See section titled International Students for more information.)
- Essays - Two Essays (no more than 500 words each) from the following four prompts:
- Statement of faith
- Personal philosophy on exercise and/or nutrition
- Career aspirations
- Applicant's purpose and passion
- Interview - Finalists will complete an interview (phone, Skype, in person, etc.) prior to final admission decsion.
All application items should be submitted online and/or mailed to the Graduate Studies in Exercise and Nutrition Science office no later than 30 days before the beginning of the semester or term in which the student plans to enroll. Forms should be mailed to: Graduate Studies in Exercise and Nutrition Science, Lipscomb University, One University Park Drive, Nashville TN 37204-3951.